Nepal Tattoo Convention - Day Two

By Tsering Tenzing Ghale @ Story Of My Tattoo
Story No. One
17902875_1835028866762383_730071775_o.jpg

Client Name:
Sanmit Narvankar, India


Tattoo name
Indian Mythological Tattoo (Ravan)


Meaning
Lord Ravan has been considered as a negative character or bad person by the world. But I see there are more positive things in Lord Rava. So I wanted to bring the good side of Lord Ravan into this planet. Moreover, tattoo is a composure of body and not just tattoo. I like line works and design based art. So this is one master piece that I have from my teacher and buddy. And it means alot to me.


Artist name
Yogesh Waghmare, India


Why Artist Yogesh
He is my guru. I learnt tattooing from Yogesh. He works hard, has awesome concepts. And all his works are very pure and bold. That´s why I wanted to get inked from him. He had done an amazing work.



Story No. Two

Client Name
David, England


Tattoo name
Carl The Frog


Meaning
It defines independence. And all the good things and worst things that I have seen wondering around the world.


Artist name
Edward Swanson, Industrial Tattoo Studio, California, US


Why Artist Edward
I like his word. I have seen his portfolio. His works are very impressive and amazing. And I like drawing a-lot. That is why I chose artist Edward to ink me. I have given full right to Edward to create his own design and a master piece that reflects my travels. The tattoo is very rear and one of its own kind. I just love it and he has done an amazing work. I am more than happy with my tattoo.



Story No. Three

Client Name
Brannon (Computer Operation), San Francisco, US.


Tattoo name
Pollination Inspired Black-work


Meaning
It is a two year project. And this convention is the final session for this art. It is geometric work with lots of inspiration from black art and pollination. It represents my relationship with the artist and love for the art.


Artist name
Ben, Ben Volt Tattoo Studio, San Francisco, US.


Why Artist Ben?
I have travelled for two years because of the tattoo. Ben has great skills and does awesome geometric designs and so his efficiency in tribal tattoo. And because I like his work so much I have given my body to him to create his own master piece. Besides his high skills on geometric work his works amazes and fascinates me. And that is why I have been following for since last two years.


Story No. Four

Client Name
Norbu Lama, Nepal


Tattoo name
Coni Sara (Japanese), a Samurai actor.


Meaning
I do not have a meaning for it. All I know about this tattoo is that Coni Sara is more than a Samurai hero. And this I came to know from the artist. Simpy, I like this art.


Artist name
Alvaro, Spain


Why Artist Alvaro
I watched him ink for more than 4 hours today. I studied his work very carefully. Moreover, his portfolio clearly states his great skills on tattooing. Plus, his price is a very affordable. I have visited more than 20 stalls, but his price was the best and most affordable for me.

Story No. Five
17902866_1835028870095716_388008254_o.jpg

Client Name
Timo (Apprenticeship @Ink´s Inc. Tattoo, Thamel), Finland


Tattoo name
Traditional Indian Tattoo


Meaning
I do not have a particular reason. I just line work and it represents my love for line tattoos. It is the artist's imagination of a goddess that has Hindu appearance.


Artist name
Yogesh Waghmare, India


Why Artist Yogesh?
Well, I really appreciate his work and I had decided to get a piece from him since the day I saw the art piece at Ink's Inc. Tattoo wall. I also studied the tattoo he had done on artist Sanmit Narvankar who is also his student (apprentice). And I heard he was looking for a canvas. This is how everything happened. Overall, I find his works amazing.


Story No. Six

Client Name
Shannon, Canada


Tattoo name
Mandala


Meaning
I have been studying meditation for couple of years and mandala has become a part of journey. It symbolizes all the things I have learnt and as a whole it represents the whole process of meditation.


Artist name
Johnny Breeze


Why Artist Johnny?
I had seen his work. They are amazing and very beautiful. I have been into his website and even checked his instagram portfolio. I liked his style and I felt his the perfect artist to ink me this Mandala that has huge impact on me. That´s why I have postponed my tour and came from Pokhara (lake city, Nepal) to get inked.


Story No. Seven: (Winner Of Day 2 - Best Of The Day)

Client Name
Mazin, Palestine


Tattoo name
Geometric Patterns with Dot Works (Half Sleeve)


Meaning
It simply represents the artist's creation. It is the artist piece I must say, honestly. I do not have the perfect definition for this tattoo.


Artist name
Maika Zayagata, Maika Zayagata Tattoos, Canada


Why Artist Maika?
Her works are very clean, creative and amazing. That made me feel very confident that she is the best artist. And she is the best artist. Her creation had been declared ¨BEST TATTOO OF THE DAY TWO.¨ Because of her I got the opportunity to meet amazing judges from other country and I had fun being in-front-of the cameras with Maika.


Story No. Eight

Client Name
Rajan, Nepal


Tattoo name
Owl (Neo Tattoo)


Meaning
It defines my search for wisdom, simply. This kind of tattoo is rarely known in Nepal.


Artist name
Kamal Dulal, Ink´s Inc. Tattoo, Thamel.


Why Artist Kamal?
He is very good in line works and his knowledge about neo art which very few people know about in our country. Neo Tattoo is all about lining and shading and Kamal does it perfectly. I personally feel that I can trust him and can make great arts.


Story No. Nine

Client Name
John, England


Tattoo name
Dotwork (Mandala and Geometrics)


Meaning
It is an add piece. It does not carry any personal meaning for me. It was designed by artist Deepak from Rayona Tattoo.


Artist name
Aakash, Rayona Tattoo, India.


Why Artist Aakash
I like his design. I heard from others that he is the best artist in India. This had made me curious to get a piece from him. And now here I am in his stall. I have been to other artist but I found that his designs are very unique. So I had decided to get inked from him.


Story No. Ten

Client Name
Mario, Portugal


Tattoo name
Holiday Snake


Meaning
Simply, it signifies a bonding. But I do not know bonding of what? Maybe the bonding between me and my journey, maybe the Lord and me, maybe between animals and me or maybe...it's just a bonding.


Artist name
Tim Rix, Australia


Why Artist Tim
 If I was born one day later, we would be wearing the same t-shirt (laughing). Our taste for art is very similar. And that's why we skipped tinder and got into this art (all laughing).


Story No. Eleven

Client Name
Aasish, Pokhara, Nepal (Participant of Best Of The Day 2 - Contestant No.4).


Tattoo name
Abstract - Anger and Wheel (Modern Art).
Meaning

It just carries my feelings that is in a box. Basically, it represents my anger towards the society that only takes in and gives nothing. The wheel represents the min tricks people play to control others and misuse them. For example, it represents how smugglers control young girls mind and sell them to brothels abroad or make them perform in bars completely in exploitation.
Artist name
Akshay Gurung, Himalayan Tattoo, Pokhara, Nepal.


Why Artist Akshay
I do not know any artist who is really interested in abstract tattoo than artist Akshay. His experience on abstract tattoo is mind-blowing. I have no idea how long he has been in the industry but his works are breathtaking. I just love his creation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kurt Cobain (A Tribute To The Legend)

The Artist

Mr Fix It